G&L Tribute ASAT Special Irish Ale (Rosewood Neck)
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25 1/2"
- PICKUPS: Leo Fender†-designed jumbo G&L MFD™ single coils made in Fullerton, California
- BODY WOOD: Basswood or Mahogany (Irish Ale)
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Maple or Brazilian Cherry fingerboard
- NECK WIDTH AT NUT: 1 5/8"
- NECK RADIUS: 9 1/2"
- NECK PROFILE: medium C
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, nickel
- TUNING KEYS: 18:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock™
- CONTROLS: 3-position pickup selector, volume, tone
The G&L ASAT® Special just might be the quintessential G&L guitar, viewed by many as Leo’s ultimate single-cutaway. Back in 1985, Leo Fender† launched this model under the G&L Broadcaster name, which prompted a response from Fred Gretsch of Gretsch Guitars over the name just as it had thirty-five years earlier. History buffs will recall that the Broadkaster® name is owned by Gretsch, and once again, a Broadcaster from Leo was required to have its name changed. This time around, the name became “ASAT” which is US military shorthand for an “Anti-Satellite” missile.
The ASAT Special, as the model became known, features jumbo single-coil Magnetic Field Design™ pickups, each with a narrow bobbin aperture for a coil which is shallow yet wide. In this regard, an MFD™ jumbo single coil is similar to a P-90 or Jazzmaster® pickup, yet the MFD principle provides a punchier bottom end and brighter top end sparkling with harmonics. Leo further departed with the past with the addition of his innovative Saddle-Lock™ bridge which transfers string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument. The result is one of the most versatile guitars ever, serving up ballsy twang to searing blues to smooth jazz tones. What’s more, this ASAT Special is offered in either a Basswood body, or a Mahogany body for that righteous ‘80s G&L blend of jumbo MFD power mellowed by the high porosity of Mahogany. Two great ASAT flavors, yours for the picking.
The Tribute® Series ASAT Special brings the magic of Leo’s own reinterpretation of the single-cutaway bolt-on guitar, all at a price attainable for every working musician. Once you play a G&L Tribute Series, you’ll never look back.
- Gloss Black over Basswood body, tortoise pickguard, maple fingerboard, vintage gloss neck finish
- Surf Green over Basswood body, 3-ply white pickguard, maple fingerboard, vintage gloss neck finish
- Irish Ale over Mahogany body, tortoise pickguard, Brazilian Cherry fingerboard, vintage gloss neck finish
The G&L name, stylized G&L logo, distinctive “hook” headstock design, Tribute, L-2000, Saddle-Lock, Magnetic Field Design and MFD are registered trademarks or trademarks of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc.
† The personal name, likeness and signature of Mr. Clarence Leo Fender are property of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc. and may not be used in any commercial capacity without prior approval. For inquiries regarding the use of the “Leo Fender” name, likeness or signature, please contact us. G&L is not associated with Fender Musical Instruments Corporation.
For mere information, besøg dette produkts hjemmeside.